View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 10:51 AM   #152
silverds
2015 SS 6M

Drives: 2015 SS 6M
I think some of the design elements that sets a "Muscle Car" apart from a "Sports Car" are the design elements necessary for a Front Engine - Rear Drive. There should be a powerful engine compartment and then rear quarters that portray that there is power being delivered to the ground beneath them.

I'm not sure I am describing what I am trying to say very well, but perhaps if you Google "Yoga Pants" you'll get an idea of the kind of shapes I'm trying to describe.

Also as far as the "face", I think a sports car coming up behind you looks like it might slip right past you and is so efficient you barely notice it passing. When a "muscle car" comes up behind you your first thought is that you are going to be eaten or sucked into the intake. Then when it passes, it should sound like you are riding a bicycle on the track during a Nascar race.

The Camaro, to some extent should look like it's overcoming its inefficient airflow, with brute force. I think having the headlights impacting the airflow rather than sliding under it is a key element as are large air-sucking openings.

Last edited by silverds; 08-16-2013 at 11:41 AM.