View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 07:54 PM   #52
Blazin383

Drives: 2016 SS
I wish I didn't have to park my SS for the winter either, and honestly, most winters (last winter excluded) we don't get enough snow to keep the SS in hibernation more than a few occasional days of snow or ice, if it were my only car. However, these summer tires are no good once the temps get into the 40s and below, and I can't imagine what they'd be like on borderline freezing rain temps.

Fortunately, I have the LT to fall back on for the winter duty with a new set of Blizzak winter tires that are about as good as it gets for most winter driving.

The worst part of winter driving around here is the crap they put on the roads to fight ice. I call it potato slime since I've heard its made from potato skins or something, but, even though I guess it helps with ice, it turns your car black when it gets thrown off the tires. Washes off and doesn't seem to hurt the paint, but sure makes a mess out of your car!

So, while the Blue Beast rests comfortably in the cozy garage, Raging Red gets to fight the slop, slime, salt, and rocks of the winter roads!
Blazin383 is offline   Reply With Quote