View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 12:10 PM   #46
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
While I am sure if I had the financial means to have the car as a toy I would do the same as you but I couldn't imagine buying a new car and stuffing it in the garage for 4-6 months out of the year.
I'm not sure where you live, but for myself, no way I can drive a 1LE with those tires through the winter. It's not advisable and at times simply dangerous. As for the 'toy' comment, you don't necessarily need to have the means. I make good money, but I also can't afford two new cars for myself. I have a 'winter beater' which is actually a 4 cylinder, four door, automatic, all around dependable 17 year old car that I bought for $2,000 and put a couple more hundred in to improve. I paid for the Camaro with full intention of using during fair weather. It's all about what you want, and what you prioritize. I wanted a toy, so I'm stuck with a beater for daily driving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmonba6Gen View Post
I put mine up since the end of October. I'd opened it up one last time when it hit 60 degrees in MI. I think it was around December 4 or 5th of this year. After that last good day it started being 30 degrees or less so I'll wait till spring..Plus I consider it a bonus for me cause the money I am saving on car insurance by not driving it I can use it for MODS like adding the PowerStop brakes, Front Splitter, and Spoiler and so forth..
Did you buy the car outright?
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote