View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 09:28 PM   #165
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggerorange73 View Post
It's decent on the curvy track after a few suspension mods, bone stock it pushes like mad.

At the strip is another story, if got a M6 car get ready for some drivetrain carnage. I'm pretty confident all those issues will be solved with the current ZL1 drivetrain though...but it comes with a weight penalty.

GM made a beautiful car with this 5th gen.....no doubt. And they are selling a boat load of them, which is great news for the nameplate. The problem is, this car was built for the masses, not the enthusiast. By shedding weight in the next gen, hopefully GM will sastify both the masses and the enthusiasts...time will tell.
I consider myself an enthusiast. My last car was a 335i BMW. My SS is every bit as competent in every enthusiast area. But the gas milage is not as good.

I was worried about the weight before I bought the car. But with my mods now I do not notice. It is very easy to cure the understeer by simply adding stronger sway bars. And although I have not done this yet, upgrading to smaller and lighter wheels makes the steering and handling much more responsive. So a good part of that ponderous feeling is from the SUV like wheels and tires. Easily, but not cheaply, fixed.

All cars except for very few are built for the masses. Exceptions like the Z06 and Boss Mustang are few and far between. Hopefully we will see a new Z28 even before the 6th gen.

But back to the 6th gen discussion. I just wonder. Once you add the V8, stronger drive train, bigger brakes, etc. I do not think the Camaro will wind being 200 pounds lighter than the current car. I hope I am wrong. Even so the 6th gen will have to be a very special car to make me sell my 5th gen.