View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 08:31 PM   #153
Huggerorange73
Banned

Drives: The REAL C5
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggyB22 View Post
PLEASE GM get it in the 35xx-36xx lb range!!! Weight is just killing the Camaros
I agree 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
You are very wrong about weight killing the 5th gens. They are by far the best Camaros ever. Strong at the drags and at the track. I doubt the 6th gens will be 3,600 pounds. If so, nice, but even 3,600 pounds is still a heavy car.
Seriously? Ever taken your car to the track?!? 2 engines and 2 transmissions put me into a Vette. The current car is too fat for it's weak drivetrain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
If that target weight were so vitally important to the car & market segment, the Mustang would be outselling the Camaro. But last I checked, the Camaro's lead was increasing.
It's outselling the Mustang on looks, go ask anyone who races how inportant looks are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
I think he is speaking from an enthusiast's standpoint. Lower weight is never a bad thing. Additionally, if you never strive to improve - you don't.
Smart man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggyB22 View Post
I'm sorry but honestly you guys are in denial right now....... yes I love the look of the 5th gen. & yea its sales are beating the Mustang. BUT its sales are only doing that based off looks & it being a Camaro brought back to life. NOT on performance. Plus the Mustangs looks didn't change that much from the 2005-2009 style. Compare the fastest 5.0 GT vs SS. Mustang got it by a long shot. Every one I know or on forums if given a chance to either buy a 5.0 or SS for "performance wise only" would buy the 5.0. I mean the 2010-11 GT weighs like 35xx lbs +- They both make around the same power but the 5.0 is quicker in the 1/4 mile? Part of that is due to weight. I mean my 2001 Z28 weighs 3340 lbs without me in it & with a 1/2 tank. & that's full interior minus the rear seats. If GM can't get the Camaro in the low 35xx - mid 36xx lb range then that's pretty sad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam#7 View Post
First, if you had a Gen5 would get it.
Second, I've had a couple of Gen1s and other than the gauges, gills and angle of the front grill; the Gen5 is on it's own.
Third, don't ever worry about the Gen6 taking clues from the Gen4.
Had a 5th gen, just replaced it with a C5 Vette. I get it loud and clear....if you're after looks, get a 5th gen. If you're after performance without exploding parts, look elsewhere.
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote