Thread: SS vs Scat Pack
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 03:49 PM   #99
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by antimatr View Post
Here's a previous post of mine outlining the problems I've had with my Challenger:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...90#post8848690

As for my 4th gen, it was a '95 which I bought back in '98 as my first car. Exterior fit and finish was about the same as my Challenger (which was to say, pretty damn lacking...at least I didn't have to worry about rust from SMC body panels...). I also went through three Opti-sparks, a water pump, a fuel pump, driver side power window motor (made drive-thrus real fun...) had my interior spontaneously disintegrate once the car reached its 10th birthday, and at the end, had a real main seal leak.

Still, looking back, I don't really have any regrets aside from selling it (even with all the trouble I had with it, I wanted to keep it alongside my next car). Just hope GM's stepped up it's QC game over the past 20 years...
well the OptiCrap was um not good. You could also say Dexacool known as Mississippi Mud. At least yours had an external slave, the 98 LS1 had an internal slave that was a real issue. I worked on both Lingenfelter 383s with the same slave issue.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote