View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 10:35 AM   #23
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffInDFW View Post
Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine TX let a parts cart roll into the side of my brand new car, leaving a long scratch that got the door and rear quarter.

Then, while changing spark plugs while trying to resolve a slight miss, they dropped "a foreign object" into the engine, started it, and damaged the piston and head.

Then, to gain better access to the engine, they removed the hood and damaged it when they dropped it on a work bench corner.

Then, when I got it back, they did not secure the hood properly so when I got home with the car after over a month, the hood had slid backwards and when I opened the driver side door, the door caught on the hood, bending both the door and the hood. They had also forgotten to install one of the radiator hose clamps causing the car to barf coolant everywhere.

Then, in my driveway, when I open the hood to check the barfing coolant, I see that they cracked the driver side fender liner.

Then, when I changed my oil in my garage 100 miles after the engine was opened up, I find so much metal in the oil it looks like a 13 year old girls fingernail polish. I take a large sample in to them, and they tell me, "All used motor oil looks like that".

SO, I took in an almost new car. One that was so perfect that I asked the service advisor to do a walk around with me and note that my car did not have any door dings, nor any rock chips. The car I got back had every body panel except 2 repainted, and an engine that was trashed. It was still running, but it ran rough and was down on power. I was told, "We can't do anything unless it blows". The repainted panels ALL looked like garbage. Paint runs, and horrific body panel gaps.

OH, and my personal favorite.....they left my car parked outside for the entire weekend WITH THE TOP DOWN. I saw that storms were coming, so I was worried my car might get damaged by hail, so I drove to the dealership at night to check to see if my car was outside. Sure enough, after hours, all service people gone, and there is my car in a fenced area WITH THE TOP DOWN.

I fought them so long, I finally just gave up. As long as they were willing to keep fixing their damage, GM wouldn't help. The service manager Mr. Zorn finally told me, "If it was my car, I would sell it". yeah, no crap.

SO, I took a massive bath trading in my car I had purchased brand new. Every dealership that looked at it asked if it had been wrecked. Classic Chevrolet is lucky they did this to me when I was at a time in my life where I had so many bad things going on, that I did not have any fight left.

BTW, all of my story was documented in real time with photos in a thread on the Saturn Sky Forum.
Damn that sound similar to my experience with Parkway in Tomball after they changed my supercharger on my 2012 ZL1. The porter had caught my front bumper and what should have taken a week to repair ended up taking 6 months and the longer it stayed there the more crap was happening to it. Finally just got them to give me the other parts that they were messing up that wasn't even related to the initial damage and it took it somewhere else. I was even dealing with the owner. Then month later my engine blew all of its coolant too, due to a hose that was improperly installed.