View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 02:03 AM   #19
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
I don't know...after looking at it for awhile it's definitely a cleaned-up and more streamlined version of the 5th gen, and the artist's name is Steve in the lower right so this isn't one of the 5th gen concept drawings. The fact that there's a big bold explanation of what that image represents kind of indicates that the image is showing something that's "midway through development". And it does say CAMARO... The final grill opening would be smaller, wheels smaller, cabin taller but that may very well be an unintended peek at where the 6th gen styling is going.

And considering where that clay model shows they were in the development of the Stingray which had to be a couple of years back, that "something" Camaro was "midway through development" awhile ago. Probably pretty much done at this point.

There's no question in my mind that the 2014 "refresh" was strictly the result of the Z/28 project and they decided to use those body changes across the line to help recover the development costs. The difference between the way the refresh front and back look on the Z/28 and all the other models is like night and day. That strategy worked and was doable for 2014... but if that giant graphic on the wall is correct, they were already working on the styling for the 6th gen when they rolled out the Z/28 and the 2014 "refresh".

We'll see. If they do the front right as far as size of the grille and styling, that front will look super. It's the back I'm worried about. They really need an awesome fighter-jet back, not something from an Impala.

Will they show something this fall with availability and pricing in the spring of 2015?

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote