View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 12:57 AM   #175
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic73 View Post
I got to say they all look hideous , nothing about them make think Camaro. Sorry if you don't like it, but that's just my opinion.
I can accept that you don't like it; that's fine, everyone's entitled to their opinion but there's no way by any measuring standard that this design can be called "hideous". If these views don't make you think "Camaro" then what manufacturer/car model DO they make you think of?
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept Rev4a.jpg
Views: 1292
Size:  86.1 KB
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept Rev4b.jpg
Views: 1273
Size:  79.6 KB
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept Rev4c.jpg
Views: 1452
Size:  80.8 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyell22 View Post
those mirrors.....look like shrek ears...... yuck lol
They also look great when driving because they're low and out of the way when you're taking corners; especially on a race track. That's the purpose of the thinned extensions the mirrors are attached to; increased visibility for the driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OperativeXIV View Post
I like it, especially the Black Z! I think the only thing that I'd change about it is that the side looks kind of boxy - I think it might be the straight edge along the very bottom of the doors. If you look at the Gen5 that bottom section hints at bowing upward a bit, so it forms more of an aerodynamic hour glass figure.

I love the rear 3/4 view!
Thank you for the feedback!

The look of the side was the result of an early design decision to go with a box setup for the body sides to enclose the wheels for improved aerodynamics. It follows standard racing stying, and while not typical for the street it would be an advantage on a track. I suppose I could do a version with rounded lower edges on the sides and front but that would completely change the identity of the car. I deliberately gave it a high-performance street-legal track car kind of look; more along the lines of an upscale road GT. The other advantage of this style is you don't get mud and crud slung up the side of the car from the wheels.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote