View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 05:57 AM   #12
lawman007
Panama-Gulf War Vet

Drives: '11 SW 1LT/RS 6M
Hello all! I can tell you that when I test drove the LT V6 manual, I thought it seemed to me to be slower than it actually was. To my shock when I looked at the speedometer I was actually speeding. So much for the "feeling". This actually translates to how well the car "rides". I wouldn't be so quick to compare the Beemers, Vettes, Stangs, SRT8, Viper, or any of the Camaro flavors. You're comparing apples, oranges, tangerines, lemons, limes, grapefruits and the like. I literally had to "learn how to" drive my Camaro when I bought it. It is not like driving anything on the road since has different handling characteristics and specifications. What are the lines going to the front axle? Anyhow, I would try those vehicles you like so well 3x, and make your decision. I will tell you, that every vehicle I test drove I bought except one. Back in 1985, in the short time I test drove an '86 Ford Ranger, it had been sold as I was driving it. But since you are talking about high performance no two high performance vehicles will handle the same. I'm talking about a Beemer and a Stang, they just won't drive the same. That's what you have to get your head around. Now one Camaro SS compared to another should handle the same or similarly.

Now to get a little off topic, GT5(Gran Turismo 5) vehicles are again different and no two will handle the same on a given track. They have programmed this into the game. So you can't just get into a Mini Cooper drive it for a bit then get into a Ford Shelby Mustang and expect the same performance. Won't happen. Good luck with whatever you decide to get!
Troy Lawson