View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 06:20 PM   #43
pkincy

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 ATS-V
At the beginning of the thread the A8 problems easily could have been due to no to low miles on the car. The A8 will adapt pretty quickly to how you drive but until that happens it can and does feel sluggish. Also the jerky 2>1 shift mostly happens with the car is new or after it has not been driven for a while and is cold. I don't know much how my car shifts in D as it never is in D. Always in M. One reason is that the A8 in M on the Z06 keeps the AFM from putting the car in V4 mode and the less V4 to V8 and back to V4 mode the better for wear on the Torque Converter.

Now that you have some miles on the car it should be shifting normally. Find a buddy on the forum or that has a Corvette A8 non Z06 (same motor same tranny) that lives near you and drive his while he drives yours and see what each of you say.

The other thing I would do is check and see if my problem with the lazy acceleration is in V4 mode. In the Z06 we have a setting on the dash that will show the AFM mode we are in. If you do, go to it and do your acceleration. If in V4 mode you have your answer. If that is the case get a Range Technology AFM disabler and keep yourself out of V4 that way. I presume Range makes one for the new Camaros also.
pkincy is offline   Reply With Quote