View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #140
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I understand, but where in that quote does it say "There will not be a four-cylinder"? The original author was...imho...irresponsibly bold in his reporting.

I am just afraid that people are reading in between the lines where there is nothing to read, imo. However...CAFE standards are real...the 2.0T ATS is real...

Take this quote for example:

"In the future – something I don’t think the public realizes yet – there may be a day when nobody: Ford, Chrysler or GM has a V8...."

So does that mean they're dropping the V8? No....but you could make an equally baseless argument against a V8 in the 6th-gen by this quote as the author has made against a four-cylinder using the "downisizing" comment.

Al and the rest of the Camaro team often refered to the entire Camaro lineup when describing the car's character, ability, or purpose; from LS to Z/28. I think that the entire lineup is what he is referring to in that statement...just thinking back to how I've seen these guys talk and act. If you substitute a T4 for the V6, just for example: that statement still means the same thing, and the Camaro, as a brand, is not changed.
I wonder though, what about the Corvette? At least in the beginning it started out as a 6 cylinder only, it may have to return to its roots so to speak..