View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 05:29 PM   #8
CamiLFX

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
When building a custom, the question is how truly custom?
Do you really have a design/concept/theme? Both inside and out?
Are you going with strictly off the shelf parts or what parts are you going to have custom made or modified? (Off the shelf seat covers vs custom seats, for example. Or custom stereo system vs factory with a stealth type sub)

Most importantly WHAT IS YOU BUDGET? Take that budget and add anther 50% to it, and then it's probably realistic for what you might spend.

Custom cars are a potential money pit. They are never truly "done". There will always be something else you might want to do. Engine upgrades, cosmetic upgrades, stereo upgrades, etc. There is always something.

I'm doing a major project on mine right now, it still needs new wheels, which I have budgeted for, but after that there is still more I'd LIKE to do. I know I'd love to suicide the doors, but, since it's never been done on a gen 5 camaro to my knowledge, I think it would be in the 20-30K to do it correctly. I would need to find a fabricator that is also an engineer who could work out the engineering and design issues. It would be no simple task to suicide those doors. Right now, I don't have the 30K to throw at it to redesign, fabricate, move the door handles and repaint. Maybe someday. I've used a combination of some off the shelf parts, some off-the shelf then modified parts, and many that are truly custom, one-of-a-kind. If you want to see the progress of a my custom build follow @rdsesq on instagram.

^^^what he said
CamiLFX is offline   Reply With Quote