View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #47
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
But what is available and what is useable can make a difference too. Take a rectangular box with 91 cubic ft of space inside compare it to another container that is odd shaped with the same 91 cubic ft of space inside. The box would have more useable space. The trunks are different shape as are the passenger compartments. So what may seem like the Camaro has more room using measurements, the actual usable space may be much less.
No I agree - though if you've sat in an ATS you'll know the rear seat is not as usable as it may seem. It sure is easier to get in and out of having the 2 rear doors compared to the 5th gen Camaro, but it's definitely just as small as the 5th gen's rear seat. Barely any knee space and I'm only 5'5". It's actually so tight that they had to "indent" the headliner up tighter against the roof for the rear passengers so they aren't brushing their heads against the headliner. But even then, with my short 5'5" stature I was bumping my head against the "edge" of the indentation getting in and out of the car.

Without sitting in the car, I would have never known it was there and I'm not sure if I'm explaining it in a way that folks who haven't sat in the car can picture. None of the interior pictures I've ever seen show the "indentation."

Edit: You can actually see the "indentation" (how it curves up against the roof) in this picture, to the right of the side courtesy light:

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote