View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #588
ChevyGuySS

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fielderLS3 View Post
If you want to make that comparison, you have to compare those cars to the SS or even the 1LE, as they are not even close to the base Camaro's price range. Dollar for dollar, they fall way short on power. And frankly, those particular turbo 4s are about as efficient (or inefficient) as the V8 Camaro, despite the much smaller size of the cars they are in.
a friend of mine has a evo 10 and he averages around 18 mpg stock, when he installed a intake and a tune it went up to about 20 but me with my HHR SS make about the same power stock for stock about 30 hp different (i also paid 10k less then he did) and i get about 25 average mpg with mods and a tune. those eve and subaru motors are powerhouses but they are just dogs on fuel

Kraftworks Built Forged 10.3-1 LSA w/ Ported/Polished LS3 Heads, Kraftworks spec Cam Motion billet Cam, LSA Blower/2.50 ADM Griptech, Lingenfelter ZR1 Clutch kit, Camaro SS 3.45, ProMotion Built TR6060, Kooks 1-7/8 Longtubes w. Catless Solo Connection Pipes, Solo Mach Shorty Catback, Rotofab Intake, Eibach Springs, G8Only Splitter with custom turnbuckles, 20x9.5 and 20x10.5 Sapphire Blue Forgestar F14, CTS-V1 4 Piston Brembos/w SS lines
ChevyGuySS is offline   Reply With Quote