View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 03:36 PM   #12
imaSSnake
'Maro

Drives: 2015 SS 6.2L Auto 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
How wide a slick are you planning to put on an 18" v6 wheel? Aren't they like only 8.5" wide?

As for the roller skates, someone once mentioned that they helped prevent vibration by counterbalancing the pad when braking. You don't have to cut them off if you don't want them, just buy a set of pads that don't have them.

When I put the powerstop rotors on, the package came with a set of ceramic brake pads that did not have the roller skates on. These squealed like crazy so I bought another set of pads without the roller skates and wore those for a while. I added some some brake quiet but it must have not been enough, because at between 15-10mph, one loud squeal remained. Finally, I purchased a set with the skates again, added a bit more brake quiet and FINALLY, no noise. Prefer the skates to the noise every day of the week and twice on sunday....
Thanks for the info!