View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 10:19 PM   #10
j4juke

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant View Post
I hate to start a separate thread but I wanna get this decision over with ASAP because it's killing me, so I figured it'd get more attention this way.

Below is a picture of my invoice. This is for a 2LT/RS with moonroof, performance exhaust, interior lighting, navigation. Completely loaded, but a 2016 which is why I'm allegedly getting a bargain. Keep in mind they are making the last 2 payments on my current least which are $248 each.

I gave a $500 deposit and apparently owe another $1700 for "taxes". I'm getting taxed before the discount as well...does that seem right?

Okay, here is my invoice. Can someone tell me if I'm being ripped off? Keep in mind they are making my last 2 payments on my current lease which are $248 each. Lol

I'm from NY and bought my SS in Massachusetts, and when I went to the dmv to register it, I was asked whether the rebate was from the manufacturer or the dealer. This is what made the difference in the taxes. If it is from the manufacturer, you pay no taxes on the rebate. If it is from the dealer, you pay. This rebate is from the manufacturer, so I did not pay taxes on it. Push back on that charge.
j4juke is offline   Reply With Quote