View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 02:24 PM   #513
Z4MB

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #272, 00 GTP, 00 Silverado
Is there a good reason GM cant add a dealer installed pully upgrade kit to the options list. The car would still be "stock" and allow the dealer to certify the work, add it to the warranty information on the car and boost the HP without re-engineering the car. I am sure it is not quite that easy for GM without testing the car under various boost options but it is worth consideration. They probably already have all the spec needed when deciding on the blower configuration.

On my 2000 GTP the pully kit added 20+ HP and it made a pretty noticable difference. I have 80k miles on the car and no problems at all.

They could offer it in one or more HP versions and charge accordingly based on warranty impact. Maybe they can bolt on 25, 50 or even 70 HP at the dealer. They can easily come up with a revised tuning spec for the dealers and keep the car under warranty....... Assuming the engine and supercharger can handle the boost.

Any thoughts? Is it possible that for a few bucks it can easily be over 600HP. it might not even need to be 650HP to make the difference.

It is certainly something they could pull off by the time the car starts shipping.
Z4MB is offline   Reply With Quote