View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 12:04 AM   #34
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICTsccaCamaro View Post
I've been autocrossing camaro's since 2012 and have autocrossed since 2008 and have ran 3 SCCA solo National events but yeah lack of seat time for sure (also ran my 1st season of motorcycle trackdays this year). Also tire requirements are completely different for a trackday vs. a autocross for the random Z/28 comment. But definitely not dissing I'm just saying we have a few National level drivers in our region and there is no way in hell you could place with stock tires in our region. Just looked at 2017 National results and the quickest 6th gen 1LE in AS took 28th out of 55 drivers just for perspective.
I agree there's proly a better tire set up for autox.
But no amount of seat time (incl on your bike ) would give you sufficient skill to assess a tire you have never tracked on. Not even if your name was Lewis Hamilton. SS 1LE beating a Z/28 a "random" comment? Wonder over to the best laptimes thread and see how a stock SS 1LE does against ZL1s and even ZL1 1LEs. But clearly driver skill matters much here.

But all that aside: why question merits of anyone's achievement and putting them in a position to have to defend it in any way? A win is a win! As they say, to win you first have to show up. And whoever showed up Matthew beat fair and square.

And THAT's what counts - period. I don't know about you, but to me that's a great reason to celebrate a fellow Camaro's success!

PS Congrats on your ZL1 1LE - now that's a beast and a half!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote