Thread: Strange smudges
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 11:30 AM   #9
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
Before you clayed, did you strip wash the car to remove any old wax? There are plenty of strip wash products to use to get rid of old wax. When claying, what kind of lubricant did you use to get rid of the contaminants. Since you said you hand polished the car, was the pad previously used? All these questions will factor why you got the final result. If you have a machine polisher or have enough for one, that will reveal the best result.

I had not strip washed, just regular wash. Figured claying would take old wax off. I used Meguiars quick detail spray. I believe it was ultimate. I used a horizontal and vertical motion when claying and that doesn't reflect the direction of these marks. When one section of the car wast tended too i laid a sheet down to keep dust from the garage off of it. I used the pad before but this time i used what i thought was a clean side. The reason i don't have a machine polisher and do by hand is actually to avoid getting holograms or damage at all cost. Too many times have nearly perfect looking cars pass me on the highway with holograms looking like they cooked pancakes or breakfast sausage on it. The wax is a lot easier to wipe off then the polish so I'm guessing it was in the polish. I did a test spot by re polishing but its quite cloudy to tell any difference.

My main concern is if any of this is fixable? It frustrates me that i spent so much time and effort into making it look good which it does but then when your in the wrong angle of light it looks like shit.

Last edited by CruisingSpeed; 01-09-2017 at 11:51 AM.
CruisingSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote