View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 11:07 PM   #43
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by wijg View Post
I think the other thing to consider is that people tend to expect different things from their Hondas versus a ZL1. I have owned mostly Chevy's and Hondas (plus a Lexus). My Hondas were great, very low maintenance (repair wise). I bought them to be exactly that, reliable transportation. If the suspension was not performing 100%, the odds are less I am going to notice it on the Honda versus a car I bought for the performance aspect.
Well that the thing. I think most people are less sensitive with those cars. They drive around with worn motor mounts and suspension and are not as sensitive to it. I agree that 44K is premature but how the car was used and treated matters. But to say you have 150K on a car and the suspension isn't worn isn't grounded in reality.

As for motor mounts. I don't know what to tell you. I have done them on a Nissan Maxima a Honda Civic and a Toyota Sienna around that mileage. Both the civic and Sienna needed wheel bearings before 100K as well. Alternator was dead around 80K on the civic and I think the IAC somewhere around that on the civic.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote