View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 12:01 PM   #23
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by redleader View Post
I never understand why a 3.6 doesn't get near twice the MPG of a 6.2. Hopefully the new Gen will ?
Are you serious?

There are 4 cylinder cars that don't get twice the highway mileage of the SS and especially the Vette. Gas mileage doesn't directly correlate to the size of the engine. If you feel it does you have much learning to do my friend.

As for the talk of this 5.3...I don't understand some of the comments here.

First off let me say that I'm not at all convinced the 5.3 will make its way into the Vette OR Camaro.

But lets say it does. Take a look at the Ford 5.0 V8. In truck form, the 2011 model made 360 HP, and that same year it made 412HP in the Mustang. So if Chevy does the same, I don't see why we couldn't have a 375 horse truck version and a 420HP version in the next gen Camaro. It uses much of the same direct injection tech that the current V6 uses, and the LT1 uses, and they both have nice flat wide torque curves....so I'm guessing the 5.3 does as well.

I'd love to see the LT1 in the next Camaro, but I have no doubts that a properly factory tuned 5.3 in the ligher next gen Camaro couldn't stomp on the current 6.2 in this gen.