View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 10:37 AM   #194
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Here is what you have to consider.

It is nearly impossible to come out with some so complicated as an automobile or truck that everyone will be madly in love with. It can very quickly become polarizing.

On the flip side you can try to make a car or truck so neutral as to not offend anyone but those aren't the cars people fall madly in love with. Generally we call those Hondas or Toyotas.

I saw an internal comparison one time on the Full Size Pickups compared to the Dodge (at that time). The chart showed very few people disliked the Chevy while a huge number of people disliked the Dodge. But on the other hand the "love meter" showed luke warm feeling for the Chevy but equal love to the hate for the Dodge. Which one still sells better?

Not saying this is always the case, but if you try to design to not offend you will more than likely come up with a product which elicits only moderate passion.

I may not want to feel passion for my Impala or Malibu, but I sure want to feel it for my Camaro or Corvette. And the risk is you won't make everyone happy.