View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 06:57 PM   #308
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
This redesign was promised to be "evolutionary, not revolutionary." Whatever changes they make, I hope they learned from the 2014-2015 refresh and move back in the direction of the 2010-2013 look in the front and rear. Putting taillights from a Chevy Volt on a Camaro along with a giant plastic rear bumper and mini-headlights does not scream "muscle." I'm nervous that making a "smaller, lighter" Camaro will make it a wimpier Camaro. They moved in the wimpier direction in 2014. Please, GM, don't do it again. I'm not feeling the wheels or rear thus far.

If they could take a 2013 and make it a little smaller and lighter, it would be the perfect car. Exactly a 2013 with ZL1 wheels/NPP standard and a 250 lb weight reduction...hello, success. I'll be waiting in line.
And, with full respect of your opinion, the Gen5 is a nice car, this would be the biggest fail GM could possibly launch.

Let's take the 2006 show car and keep it hanging around for 2021 or 2022. That will sell like hot cakes and surely bring new car enthusiasts to the Camaro brand.

If it has any clues from the Gen5 car this will disappoint.

Don't get hung up on "muscle". That has very limited appeal. Yes a huge amount on this website, but for total sales, profitability and Chevy brand image development, "muscle" and "gas guzzling" won't likely be helping when we clear 2020.

This is GM's opportunity to look forward, not back. This is the opportunity to send Ford and Fiat running to figure out how to compete. If it's the simple "muscle" equation, then it's an easy fight. Way to easy.