View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #53
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
Say bruh, I've been reading this thread the past two days figuring whether I agree or disagree with you. It's great you have the passion for the car. to that. There will always be people who see things differently. And the internet gives chance for them to say things they wouldn't ordinarily say out loud. I think GM made the most important thing about the ZL-1 unreplicateable. The Magnetic Ride Control. No matter what you do to any V6 or SS, you can't replicate that. Sure, an aftermarket blower on an SS can give it more power...sure, the front ends can be swapped. But, for what it's worth, the VIN and MRC sets the Z apart. I doubt if GM takes any design advice from the forum. If so, the Z-28 would be in production. But, this is a public place...LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!
Amen to that. My understanding is the OP's belief stem's from a purists perspective as to where a car's value stem's from the original equipment that is on the vehicle when it leaves the factory. His wish is only for GM to create a car so special and unique that it makes it very difficult and monetarily challenging for it to be replicated. Granted that is a tall order and would seem, like someone mentioned earlier, that would also put it in a price range that would make it exclusive also.

I think the Corvette could be used as an example as it doesn't have different body components as you change from the base to the ZR1 except for GFX, wheels and spoilers. The Camaro has 3 different front bumpers available from the factory and 3 different hoods. I think this is what his wish is for GM to produce a body style that doesn't need to have interchangeable body components in order to identify what car/trim level we are driving.
I know when I see a Corvette, I'm trying to distinguish what gen 1st and then look for the badges and added styling cues (from the factory) to see what trim level it is from there. I would think MOST people would want it this way, but there are plenty of others that want to add their own uniqueness to the car, hence the reason for aftermarket companies to satisfy these individuals.