View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 12:36 AM   #31
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Posted by Z284ever over on the GM insider web site.....

I had a chance to speak to Al O. this morning about things Camaro and specifically the 1LE.

Here are the highlights:

1) MRC. MRC allows this 1LE to go around a track faster than without it. It wasn't added to make the car more civilized on the street, but to make it faster around a road course. Chevy realizes that some sanctioning bodies don't allow it - and they have something they're working on for that. But the weekend autocrossers should dominate with this set up.

2) Cost. Chevy is shooting for a V6 1LE for under $30K and a V8 1LE for under $40K. It will cost more than the 5th gen car, which Al admits was an underpriced bargain, but not by that much. If you could afford a 5th gen 1LE, you'll be able to afford the 6th gen.

3) V6 1LE. Al confirmed that it's faster than the previous Camaro SS around a track, NOT the previous 1LE. Also, it is essentially the SS suspension package.

4) The 2.0T is now in production. The 2.0T is an in demand motor and Camaro had to wait it's turn for it in the production pipeline.

5) Will there be a 2.0T 1LE? No plans yet, but very possible. Al wanted me to ask you guys about it and I will later in another thread. If there is a demand for one, GM will most probably make one. I'll probably post a poll on it later and send it off to them.

6) Yes we talked about a 6th gen Z/28, to which Al responded, "What Z/28?" On that topic of a mythical Z/28, he asked me, if I'd rather live with a "skip shift" or a $700 tax. I told him, give me the skip shift and put the 700 bucks back into the car's performance.

7) Hooray, for the 1LE rear spoiler.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote