View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 04:06 PM   #74
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoswag1990 View Post
Lol the turbo 6 wouldn't happen yet but I do think they will need to release a turbo. Emissions and gas mileage standards are making it a necessity, plus the NA V6 is pretty much tapped out power-wise. If you go over to the 6gen mustang forum the V6 section is pretty much dead except for a few people talking about exhaust notes and 0-60 times. Then if you jump over to the Ecoboost section it's packed with tuners and aftermarket part discussions. We already have several people running mid to high 12 sec 1/4 miles with relatively simple setups (exhaust, tune, intake, and maybe intercooler).

I doubt they would use a 2.0 though, the mustang uses a 2.3 liter and chevy usually likes more displacement
Exactly and it wouldn't surprise me to find out the 6th gen Mustang V6 is barely selling compared to the Ecoboost. At the end of the year, Ford may decide to stop offering the V6 because if it isn't being the volume seller anymore, why have it?

As far as GM plans, it will be the 2.0T LTG based or nothing I'm betting. There's been no rumors of a bigger displacement variant, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist either. Like KMPrenger said, the likely plan is for a 2.0T as the base engine for LS, then offer the V6 in LT trims.

Most new turbo cars I've been around make much more TQ than HP and respond very well to some simple mods and especially tuning. The APR stage 1 tune I had on my Wolfsburg was good for 30whp and almost 70ft lbs of TQ. Putting down 300ft lbs or more was not uncommon at all for a tune, intake, and exhaust.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote