View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 09:22 AM   #22
VRZL113

Drives: 2013 VR ZL1, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom View Post
Well let see, i'm on my second engine due to the cam delaminating, on my 3rd or 4th supercharger, I can never remember how many I've had at this point, replaced front and back suspension, and I just replaced both my heads because one of the valve seats came loose..
hmm, what else? Also had to replace the gas pedal due to a bad sensor, and both fuel level sensors. Think that's pretty much it...

Not that its helped me with this car, but I've had a lot of high mileage cars and as long as you change your oils regularly, you'll be fine. A couple things I would probably recommend is, don't commute the car. It definitely a daily driver, but stop and go traffic is brutal. I believe the valve seat coming loose is due to the constant cooling and heating plus the aggressive nature of driving in traffic with changing lanes and aggressive acceleration. Keeping in mind that my commute with traffic is 2-3 hours each way for something that would be 45 minutes without traffic. So its a lot of stop and go, followed by getting up to speed. If your rush hour is like an extra 15 minutes, then it's probably fine.
Also, I've always driven in sport or PTM 4 for daily stuff, but I've recently starting PTM 2 for traffic and putting around to reduce the stress. I'm hoping that will increase the life of the suspension, but we'll see.

But its worth noting, that with all the problems, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I test drove the new Camaro, and while I'm sure its faster, I found my head hitting the ceiling and the radio angle was just wrong. So I think my zl1 is still one of the best cars there is for me. Its not like my car is a slouch.
Awesome! Thanks for the info, and your experience.
#3257 | 485whp 526wtq | K&N 63-3079 | Gates K080660HD (Green Belt) | ACDelco UPF48R | ZL1 Addons Wicker Bill | Mild2Wild
VRZL113 is offline   Reply With Quote