View Single Post
Old 04-14-2022, 08:23 PM   #34
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
First, anyone who thinks EVs prohibit them from modifying or recalibrating their cars hasn't built a personal computer.

You will have hardware choices for upgrades and anyone that can recalibrate an ICE will learn to do it for EVs.

How do you guys think Tesla continues to add performance and range? Over the air programming to existing cars. It's just software so you too will have those choices. And just like adding hp in an ICE with a "tune" that trades off durability for HP you will have those choices with an EV.

Hardware? Once the volumes are there, you will be able to upgrade on every level from components to modules.

It will be exactly the same, just the parts you are changing, upgrading are different. But i expect you will be able to have choices to upgrade performance and range.

From a performance car standpoint, it's simply NVH and charging time. Those are the last frontiers and the noise can be faked as it is in many cars today.
Agreed, but the the challenge is having access to the EV computer in order to make the changes. I had a Tesla tech come to the house for to replace the 12v battery in my Tesla Model 3, yes they have a 12v as well.

Anyway, these cars don't use your standard ODB2 port. They connect up with a laptop and run some special Toolbox software to run diagnostics and make changes. I told him thought my drivers window was not indexing correctly. He said hold on, plugged, clicked a few buttons and then all 4 windows ran through a repeated cycle. Test came back and said all were within spec.

I looked online and they let you have access to some of the service manuals and software for a hefty price.

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 9.19.41 PM.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  41.7 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 9.20.04 PM.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  53.2 KB
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote