View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #27
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
This would do it....

Go complete retro, '69 Camaro in pro touring style.

Keep the traditional V-8, no AFM, at least 5.7L. Direct injection and a variable cam timing to improve mpgs. 3400ish lbs. SS version with the big V8. A V-6 version for the economy segment... More 1st gen size.

I'd bet if they went really retro, all the way toward a '69 like this, 100,000 + in sales volume easily.

As much as I love the '69, (That '69 will always be the BEST looking Camaro ever made, period !) a lighter 5th gen and a 10-15% scaled down in overall size (ATS's size) with the current power offering will be another success for GM. The improvement for the interior doesn't required much IMO, just a little better material and slightly rearranged. The new ATS's interior is beautiful but I wouldn't want it in the Camaro. My only complaint with the 5th gen is the WEIGHT. Bring that weight down and it's golden for me.

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote