View Single Post
Old 06-30-2021, 11:18 PM   #16
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jofu View Post
Oh, and I got curious about your location (20*51.50N 156*29.60W) You live in the middle of Maui?!? If so, VERY NICE!!!

I climbed Haleakala twice by bicycle, it's quite a funny thing to go from 0ft elevation all the way up to 10,000ft! I bet you can climb it a bit faster with you Camaro

Best,

Geoff
It's a great climb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
Sure seems they could sell plenty of those. I'd be all in.
Absolutely. Major weight loss, NA, a 9000 RPM redline, then lose some of the creature comforts and fat in the ZLE...Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHerna View Post
The DOHC V8 doesn't fit in the Alpha chassis. It was never going to happen to begin with.
I'm thinking that it would not be that problematic. Minor modification. LT2 (LT1/LT4 block) and LT6 fit into the C8, without modifying the chassis. The heads sit a little taller but you dump the SC and create a lower valley.
Plug and play... It's a Chevrolet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 1LE View Post
This! It's why the Cadillac Blackwing doesn't have the Blackwing engine.
Perhaps, I was read that multiple sources stated that the Blackwing just did not bring the performance that Caddy had hoped for. LT4 was time tested and sitting in the parts bin Again, GM loves the plug and play capability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
GM should have made a high performance 6.6 liter. CNC heads, more compression, more RPM. Would have been a great C7 Grand Sport and Z/28 engine.
Sexy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 1LE View Post
I think that the writing was on the wall when Big Al got taken from the Camaro program.
Absolute truth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010REDSS View Post
They don't sell enough Camaros because they don't try.

When's the last time you saw a Camaro commercial from GM?

They totally gave up on the model. It isn't the styling (which is great), it isn't the performance (amazing), they just want to sell trucks and SUVs (and now EV's).

It's that simple and that sad. Don't overthink it.
Yup, a very sad truth. Nothing will ever replace the ethereal experience of ICE and a manual. The acceleration associated with EV doesn't even come close for me.