View Single Post
Old 02-20-2024, 02:43 PM   #9
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
That is wild..first I have heard of a Cam motion / Johnson lifter combo failure.
So, to be fair to the Johnson's, if I remember correctly, I went through 3 different length pushrods trying to get the preload dialed in for the Johnson's. I eventually went back to my original length at 7.850, which I think is pretty standard for new cam kits to come with. I could have been too close to the travel limit I have to go back and see if I can find any pictures or notes I have of my setup and PTV as well. I'll check the lifter preload again and see just using the finger tight method and screw turns instead of dealing with the adjustable pushrod length checker and taking it in and out.

I always felt that my engine was too noisy and after going through the different pushrods lengths I just kind of gave up with the noise. It was bad enough you could clearly hear it driving inside the car with the radio off, even during highway speed.

The damage isn't isolated enough on the #4 intake for me to think it was something wrong with that lifter/pushrod/rocker/spring combo, but some of the other lobes don't look that bad, but I am going to get the other head off tonight and get more pictures. I need to also check to see if any of the pushrods are bent and check the springs as well and get them off and I can test them at work to see if anything is off on them.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote