View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 03:15 PM   #101
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

This car but 400 pounds lighter and a tad smaller and I'd trade mine in for one. And I wouldn't trade mine in for much. Not even a ZL1.
I'd like to see the Gen6 actually be about 600 lbs lighter in the SS to SS comparison. Then, in the Z28 version maybe with heavier suspension parts it would be ok to simply be 300-400 lbs lighter (but with 525HP N/A).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWoj3540 View Post
"Displacement, number of cylinders, all of these things you need to think about." This means bye bye V8…get em while you can boys and girls
As I said in my earlier post on this thread, the culture at GM IS CHANGING. The "new guard" - whoever that's going to be - may carry a bigger stick than the old guard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWMAN View Post
maybe it needs to be a smaller version of the vette...?not exactly like it but styling cue's from it,
That would be a mistake in my opinion. Smaller than the Vette? Yikes. The Vette is already skinned down, LOWDOWN, and tighter than a tick in a cornrow braid. The Camaro may need to have a damn good V6 base engine and, depending on the culture/gas wars, a V6 ready to roll with 475 HP and a warranty (in a 3500 lb gross wt format). Just in case. There are plenty of Gen6 renditions out there already.

But........ bottom-line - this is what we'd all like to see a repeat of:

http://www.carbodydesign.com/archive...-wcdoty-award/
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote