View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 07:26 PM   #85
OperativeXIV

Drives: 2012 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Attachment 588888

I know people have been saying they want "hips" but this particular style just doesn't allow for that look. The reason is the mid-waist "pinch" is at the front of the door instead of the back. The style I'm using allows for better driver visibility; especially to the right corner. Switching back to the traditional style raises the window sill at the front of the door several inches, reducing forward/corner visibility and you're back to that "sitting-in-a-cave" feeling. I put a pretty big fender flare in the back to help fatten up the proportions back there so maybe that will help those who wanted the other style.
I really like your last rendering.

One comment about the front turn signals, I'd be curious to see what it looks like if the ... I don't know what the word is ... the opening where the headlights and turn signals are now - if you just cut that across the entire front instead of it being a scooped out intake, then wrapped the turn signals around the side of the car where it would now be open?

Also, what about more of a fastback? That might make it look too much like a stingray, but I'd be curious if that would give it a more filled out look that denoted it as a 2+2.