View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 11:02 AM   #59
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Just some thoughts.

It looks like you badly want the Camaro to be a Corvette. No room for much if any rear seat in what you have there. Not that the Camaro has much of a rear seat today, but there is some and there is some headroom. I remember the old Geo Storm that I had. I only had head room if the rear hatch was open.

Get rid of the touch pad for door unlatching. It's expensive and they frankly suck. I worked on it on the XLR and C6. The back up mechanical system required isn't worth it. Plus it's a Corvette/Cadillac design element. Put a door handle on it and you'll be better off.

Your front door cut line probably won't swing unless you put a goose neck hinge on it. Wouldn't recommend that, but it's been done.

Also the front fender feature is very close to the wheel opening. It might not be formable in steel or aluminum. Plastic has drawbacks (refer to earlier Camaros).

You likely don't have enough front fender to clear normal wheel articulations. This would restrict tire travel and hurt ride a lot.

Your current b-pillar configuration will have a tough time passing current MVSS 216. That is why the current Camaro has a massive b-pillar.

You are also carrying over one of the things I like least in the Camaro and that is the big plane rear quarter panel. You have a nice feature through the front fender and it just dies in the door.

The effort is certainly nice, but you are going away from the Pony car formula and making the car just another sports car.

I like the overall side view profile very much, it's just too sports car for me to like it as a Camaro.

Like I've said, takes courage to put stuff out there like you are doing. Keep going and don't be discouraged. But hopefully you are putting out there to foster discussion not just have a bunch of us line up to say how awesome it is. You have to remember that in most clinics not everyone likes even the greatest designs. And if you talk to the folks in the Design Studio, they would like to just keep going and refine the design forever. But at some point you have to go into production so they have to stop. In all my experience the designers have never said, "that's it. It's perfect. I'm done!".