View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #12
oklapike

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
Purely speculation, but I don't see the "SS" trim package going away on any cars. The Chevy SS is meant to play on the fact that the other cars have the "SS" trim level - like saying the Chevrolet SS embodies what the "SS" trim level means on the rest of the vehicles. I don't know if that makes sense and I'm having a brain fart on how to describe what I have in my mind.
Good Lord, I hope not. The SS sedan just doesn't have the presence or the style to be the archetypal super sport. Heck, it doesn't even offer preformance brakes on all four wheels (or a manual transmission for that matter).

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo40oz View Post
Actually, if I remember correctly, I think I read somewhere that SS trim levels are going away.....so maybe Camaro SS will be replaced with Z28 (not Z/28)
In a way, I suppose that makes sense. The Camaro would mirror the Corvette then (Camaro/Corvette, Z28/Z06, and ZL1/ZR1). That said, I sincerely hope the SS trim doesn't go away. I mean, Chevrolet just wouldn't be the same without SS models. That, and it's been around as an option since 1961, you shouldn't just throw that kind of history and heritage away (even if it has been tarnished from time to time: NA Cobalt, Malibu Maxx and W-body Impala).
oklapike is offline   Reply With Quote