View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #65
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
I like what the GM executive said. Just because they are moving the Camaro to Lansing, does not automatically mean Camaro will have the ATS chassis.

I have wondered about that for a while. The idea that there are (2) Camaros on the lot. One is a 2014 weighing 3900. and a 2015 weighing 3400.

To me that is a drastic change. And it could "bother" the owners who have 2010-2014 models.

For this reason I have wondered what exactly they plan to do. I think people would be ecstatic to see a "new" Camaro that only weighs 3400 lbs or less. But when you do that, it makes the 2010-15 seem like those are inferior and (did not get the meaningful design it should have).

It did take time for the ATS to be developed. (Does the Gen 5 V8 fit into the ATS chassis? I have never checked on that. Surely it does. and if it doesn't, then they would make it fit for the Camaro I assume...)

Also, the ATS does not seem like it is all that wide. I'm curious what a Camaro-type of body shape would look like on that size chassis....
I am not sure why this would be a concern? Aren't the 2013's just a little better than the 2010's? Of course they are! I am sure that people will gladly trade in their 5th gens for a 6th, its how you continue to sell cars buy improving what you have already built. If they are lighter and all GM has to do is keep the price comparable and continue along with the great styling and they will have a winner. It's like saying people were pissed that the 5th gen is better than the 4th gens..to each their own but the only thing I will be pissed about is if they never release a 5th gen Z/28!!!!!
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote