View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #165
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Very good!!! Agreed. Of course the car shouldn't be made of squares and actually have huge drag, but I do feel the car should like substaintial and strong.

Again...right on.

I've actually been working on a photoshop of the TF4 bumblebee Camaro lol.

I think with some reworking it could actually look good. That doesn't mean I feel it should be the next gen car, but I want to show what a little change can do.
Yes these were/are great points that really help focus what people see as a muscle car versus a sports car. After thinking about it I believe people see a muscle car as a straight-line accelerator; hence why so many talk about what it can do in the 1/4 mile. A sports car is upgraded from just power, to power and handling so it can handle the curves which is why they tend to have curvy, sleeker shapes to reflect their design purpose of handling curves.

Times have changed though and now the pony/muscle car class is evolving towards sports car territory and that's where there's clashing expectations among those who still want a 427 big block muscle car, and those who want a powerful all-round road car. I've been doing sports car gt designs mostly and it seems they don't have enough "muscle" look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
Sir, I honestly love this design. I like how every line on the car is aero efficient. Looks like the design has true race car inspiration instead of an oversized "diffuser" to make it look smaller lol. Also like the nose and headlight areas.

I would buy this camaro.
Well thank you! My intention on this design was just as you described it. I wanted it to look classy, timeless, sleek, elegant and be something people would still want to own 40 years from now. If this design were to be made into an actual car, it would look beautiful and catch your eye precisely because it's clean, uncluttered and pure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGracing View Post
I wasn't picturing aircraft. I was picturing 4 wheeled vehicles. If you're talking airplanes, absolutely cutting edge. I'm working out here right now at Kadena AB in Okinawa and every time I see an F-15 or F-22 take off I just look at it in awe. So yeah, if we're talking planes, then absolutely. But I don't see a plane in any of your designs?
Kadena! Home to an SR-71 group back in the day if memory serves me correctly. Well yeah military tanks and trucks are hardly icons of speed and aerodynamic style lol. Although I think some tank designs look pretty good.

The tear-drop canopy style is there in a couple of my designs. The pinched "coke bottle" waist is there. The wide beefy back (which is where the wings and engines are) thinning and elongated towards the pointed swept front is there in a couple of them. The influences are there. That's my thinking when I say the "military" look.

And thank you for your service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Firebird showcars
Man I haven't seen that one image on the right in a long time lol. Back in the day that was considered a "futuristic" design concept. Now the current generation thinks George Loizou's thick, bulky tank-like design is "cutting edge" and "futuristic". Since the "future" demands less weight, it's going to be interesting to see what actually develops.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM