View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #146
steel insane

Drives: 2012 2LT Black (Vengeance)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1o.f00t.570rk View Post
The most popular years for collectors are not also the same years the Camaro sold the best.

Demand on the auction block is not the same as demand in the local dealer, as none of the people buying an older Camaro for an investment are going to buy a new car that just looks like it. And that's the trick - more people are buying the 1st gen Camaros as an investment, not a DD, which is why the price is where it is.

I'll not lie and say I wouldn't wholly support a 2nd gen styling, as in all honesty there is more room to make the car aerodynamic while still meeting safety and crash regulations. On the flipside, with the original body lines there'd be less room for rear seating.

About the only thing I'll predict is that the next Camaro will have a split-style bumper to match the Chevy car front fascia designs. In the same way that regardless what Audi, Acura, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Toyota, or Porsche you are looking at in the current line, you can see similarities and influences which tie the car to the others in the lineup.

Plus, I'd hazard the opinion that a full-height grille ala the Sonic could allow for better airflow capability, where instead of relatively wide but short intake...it would be taller and incorporate some of the design elements they've messed with on the ZL1 as far as engine cooling and whatnot.

All that said, I really love my Camaro, and probably won't be in the market for another new car again ever, so I am happy and content regardless of what they do with the 6th gen.
You have to be under 4' tall to sit in the back now! That's just the place I throw my hat for easy access...
steel insane is offline   Reply With Quote