View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 02:41 PM   #57
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidDragon View Post
Still doesn't look like a camaro and more resembles a video game wannabe corvette. the front fenders still resemble the third gen corvette, doesn't look like its big enough to have a decent size backseat and the rims look like fake Ferrari wheels. also with the newer renderings with the headlights moved to the insides of the turn signals it doesn't look right. The front bumper and grill area needs to be changed because it just looks like a poor attempt at copying the current grill and bumper. Also your rendering is a wire covered rendering so with the seats you have in there they wont fit in a real world production car because body structure and interior panel pieces will eat up a lot of interior room and once done the seats you have wont fit.
I think you're looking at this as though it's a finished design ready for production; it isn't. Right now basically it IS a video game image. Yeah the front fenders are somewhat corvette-like...not sure why that's an issue. It's a +2 design so the back seat would be small. The wheels are not a focus right now; they're just there for reference. Use your imagination and imagine some other style of you don't like them. The front bumper and grill aren't supposed to be exactly like the current gen; they're stylized so as not to completely abandon the family identity. The front of a Camaro is one of the most recognizable and distinguishable characteristics of the car; I'm choosing to keep that. I haven't even started doing anything with the interior; I just stuck those seats in there to fill the space so it wouldn't look empty.

This isn't a finalized finished design; it's merely a concept at this point so just use your imagination to fill in details that aren't there yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Sorry, should fave been more clear. The side toward bowtie a little taller than the side toward the fender. Sort of following the contour of the grill more.

I think it looks pretty good considering it doesn't have the details yet.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
Ok gotcha; that gives me a better idea of what to do. Thanks for the feedback.

Changes are being made in many ways and areas; some subtle, some not so subtle. Everyone's thoughts, ideas, perceptions help me to see what others are seeing that I don't so keep the feedback and comments coming!

Here's a few more snaps showing the latest revisions:

Name:  Concept 2020 alt6c1.jpg
Views: 1288
Size:  78.9 KB
Name:  Concept 2020 alt6c2.jpg
Views: 1227
Size:  69.6 KB
Name:  Concept 2020 alt6c3.jpg
Views: 1240
Size:  49.5 KB
Name:  Concept 2020 alt6c4.jpg
Views: 1243