View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 07:19 PM   #2143
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Serious question, if Camaro really is the retail sales king, why is it's resale value awful? I know typically cars that usually end up in a lot of fleets normally have terrible resale values (Example Fusion) You would think that it would hold its value a little better. Was going to ask that in another thread were people asked why the lease rates were terrible and everyone pointed to the terrible resale values.
You know the source of the retail, fleet and average transaction price. If?

I checked KBB cost of ownership and Camaro does hold its value a little better than Mustang, Challenger and BMW 230i. It appears all the Pony’s and luxury coupes/sedans take a pretty hard hit in the first three years. I’m no expert.

In this example I just selected Camaro SS coupe and it gave the Mustang and Challenger example. I added the BMW just to see how it looked. I made no attempt to change or add options.

FYI - you can look and the depreciation broken out from the 5-year for each and it looks similar
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote