View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 12:37 PM   #53
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I worked for GM for 38 years and partially for that reason I am partial to Camaro. But I wonder where I would land if I wasn't so entrenched in GM products.

During my first few years at GM, when I was a co-op student attending GMI, my cars were
  • a '74 Mustang
  • a '76 Mustang Cobra 302 / 4-speed
  • 2 1979 Mustang Pace Cars (Wanted a 302 but only found a 2.3T, then a few months later found a 302)
Since then it's been all GM cars, but I did spend my last 10 years in Competitor Intelligence. And got to drive some of everything, including all flavors of Mustang, Charger, Challenger, and just about everything else with rubber tires.

I would probably be split between Camaro and Mustang. I think today, Camaro is better at the top of the product line (SS / ZL1 compared to GT / GT350) but at the entry level / mid level I'd probably lean Mustang. Both from performance and appearance standpoint. Exception being RS 1LE. Mustang has nothing in that slot. And now that they've dropped the V6, they probably won't.

Also, from a styling pov, Camaro wins convertible hands down. Camaro convertible with top up looks more "natural" and proportioned than Mustang top up. Top down appearance is a tie. The power up / down at speeds up to 30 mph (50 kph) for Camaro trumps Mustang in a big way.
This is only my 3rd GM product, Only owned one Ford which was a pickup, all others were Chrysler products. All my cars have been good. That's why I always buy American. I don't really have an Issue with Mustang because it would be my second choice if Camaro were not around.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote