View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 08:50 PM   #9
bad1968ss

Drives: Z06
I talked to Geoff today and want to say that I think he was right on track with what he told me about the e-force. As we all know heat soak is a issue with pd blowers and living in the deep south coast with the gulf in your back yard it's not a dry heat. He asked what year/model I needed tuned and what mods were done to the car. I told him about the dyno pull and he said I want to be honest with you and stopped me there to say what I had know for years wanting to put a blower on a c5z but didn't because of what another shop told me< (back to Geoff in a bit). 3-4 years ago I had talked to Randy at Ragin Racin to install either a a&a or ecs kit. Now from reading the forum about the c5 being a bottom breather and most having heat issues in high heat/humidity I asked Randy how others were doing running either kit. I was told if you can do without a/c, don't mind driving at night or putting it on a trailer go for but I recommend not too. The man could have sold me a kit but was also honest, then I decided if I were to do anything it would be a n/a build. Now back to where I am now, Geoff said I am sure I can get a bit more out of it since edelbrock has a very conservative canned tune. He also said that the tune is only part of the problem, heat soak with all the aluminum structure retaining heat is the major problem and living in the south just compounds that factor. Now I have read about heat soak before on the e-force so I knew what the man was saying but I though it was more in like back to back runs. I had been saying to myself and others a set of LT's, cam, stall and tune I would have more grunt and cash left over over a e-force kit. So in the end he said it was up to me if I wanted to push it he would do his best. The man was just being honest and not trying to make any money off me. So for now I will go ahead and make sure the tune was the correct one from edelbrock and call it was it is. I may pull it off and go n/a....thanks for the reply's

Last edited by bad1968ss; 07-06-2018 at 09:07 PM.
bad1968ss is offline   Reply With Quote