View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 09:32 AM   #77
69 Z11
69 Z11

Drives: 2017 ZL1 vert, 1969 Pace Car
I love the KBM but I think they should expand the palate even more. I understand the unit cost arguments and bean counter mentality that GM has but I believe that they should offer the Camaro in far more colors even if it means extra cost. I'm a lifelong Camaro guy and this is 8th Camaro I've owned ranging from 1969 to 2013. In my opinion, over the years, the Camaros that were truly notable were the cars that had either unique colors, options, engines, or some combination. The system that is in place really doesn't allow for that anymore. For example, right now you can't order a magenta ZL1 convertible. Why? They are making magenta verts, and they are making ZL1 verts. I know it would be super low production numbers, but that's exactly my point. Why not a Synergy Green or KBM ZL1? Why not have the 427 as an optional engine in the SS? I would order one today and I haven't even taken delivery of our KBM car. Think about the cool and unique cars that could be built on the same production line with off the shelf parts and paints. I get that it would cost more, but GM needs to loosen up that corporate tie, charge a few bucks more and let people be creative.

Last edited by 69 Z11; 04-27-2014 at 04:26 PM. Reason: spelling
69 Z11 is offline   Reply With Quote