View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 10:36 PM   #258
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
This is a darned if they do and darned if they don't issue. If they don't change too much many people are going to say WTF, you call this a new design. If they change too much you risk blowing the whole thing if you don't get it right. The way I see it the Gen 5 was meant to give the boomer generation along with a few younger movie goers a more modern version of the original Camaro. I believe the Gen 6 will attempt to capture a new younger market which they will need to be successful going forward. I'm not sure they can capture both generations in mass. So many of the 18-35 year olds have a different view of what they interpret as a performance car. They think small,light, turbo, mpg, All things that are hard to accomplish and still retain the US muscle heritage. I remember when we did not care how fast a 4 banger was, it was still a 4 banger and if it kicked ass it was an oddball. We will see how successful the big 3 will be at moving American muscle forward at an affordable price point with mass appeal.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote