View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #205
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd in Vancouver View Post
Nope didn't say that, or I am really misunderstanding the deal as it was laid out. Are they paying the UAW folks building the Caddys $15/hr??because that's what the statement read. In fact what I said is I have no doubt that they can build a quality piece but it appears like GM is cutting a deal to limit the wages on the new Camaro assembly line.

Thought I was clear it has nothing to do with where but a lot to do with paying a living wage. Hey, if I'm wrong and $15/hr is a good wage for those parts then great but I highly doubt it. But then again I live in Vancouver one go the most expensive places in the world so it might be I just not understanding.
Whether the guys on the line get paid 15/hr or 25/hr the final product is still going to come out pretty much the same (sure they might pay a bit more attention for defects or what not). I'm not saying the guys on the line don't affect quality. But its the actual designers and engineers that that are laying out the ground work for the engine, chasis, and other components that are going to have a bigger impact on quality in my opinion, and I'm guessing those people are getting paid just fine.