View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #53
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
I'm not a ford fanboy, or a GM one, but throw in the towel is a bad phrase to use here.

The new Mustang will be lighter and faster than the current S197 5.0 powered vehicle. Just because it's base model is getting a turbo 4, does not mean it will not have V8 variety, or even FI V8. They won the last round of the pony car wars in performance, I have a feeling you'll see all three going lighter and more efficient.

I'm sorry but a 3200-3300lb Mustang with a 430hp V8 (rumored S550 specs) is nothing to sneeze at, considering the current S197 weighs around 3600-3700 and has 420hp, and outruns the SS in the 1/4 and 0-60. Let's not even talk about ZL1 to GT500 power to weights either. It's going to be tough to wrestle the 2+2 RWD performance car crown from Ford again in this generation, but let's hope GM steps up to the plate with a lighter, more powerful Camaro, as competition is a good thing.

It's adapting, not giving up. Chevy can't keep a bloated Camaro as well, hence they're dropping weight (Alpha) and going with more efficient drivetrains as well.

It's ok to be proud of your car, but don't let brand loyalty blind you. If anything, the HP wars are getting more exciting as cars are dropping weight and going up in power.
The S550 will weigh 3400+ with the coyote. The 13's weigh 3600. 200 pounds is pretty big diff though. I just hope it looks good, cuz the 13's are awesome looking.
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote