View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #115
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Don't think anyone is bashing the v6...Quite the contrary...Keep the V-6, upgrade it, whatever...The Camaro doesn't need a smaller/"entry-level" I-4....The V-6 already serves that purpose and offers more than any I-4 does...

....Sinking good money into a "smaller" engine takes away funds and technology research, whatever that could go into improving v-6s and v8s..

If the Camaro had no other option than the v-8, sure sales would suffer and the need for a less expensive option would be needed to keep the car afloat...But that is not the case...The v-6 has done just fine for several years already...

I sort of see more v-6ers cheerleading for an I-4 just so they can rub an embarrassing engine in the face of v-8 owners...sad to see performance, horsepower, "muscle", if you will, going in the wrong direction...
Yeah I see your point but I'm not one of your cheerleaders lmao.

I understand that the market and regulations are changing and a 4-cyl. Camaro may very well be in our future. I agree with you on the whole 'use the money on improving what you already have' deal. The CAFE standards are a crock though. Carbureted engines have been getting 40+ MPG for decades and suddenly it's a problem to get an electric car over that. Then you have the VW Rabbit Diesel which easily saw 55+.

I would much rather see future Camaros have no less than 6 cylinders but if they decide to drop a '4' in one I'll just not buy it and continue my life as normal
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote