View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #114

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfarley View Post
It just goes to show that the "V6's don't belong in a Camaro" guys are stupid.

Obviously, the two wouldn't exist without each other. That's not the point. You don't hear any V6 owners saying the V8's don't belong do you?

Let's try to keep things in context here.

Watching these threads to into all out bashes is sooo fun. I'll just sit back and watch. This is getting good.
Don't think anyone is bashing the v6...Quite the contrary...Keep the V-6, upgrade it, whatever...The Camaro doesn't need a smaller/"entry-level" I-4....The V-6 already serves that purpose and offers more than any I-4 does...

....Sinking good money into a "smaller" engine takes away funds and technology research, whatever that could go into improving v-6s and v8s..

If the Camaro had no other option than the v-8, sure sales would suffer and the need for a less expensive option would be needed to keep the car afloat...But that is not the case...The v-6 has done just fine for several years already...

I sort of see more v-6ers cheerleading for an I-4 just so they can rub an embarrassing engine in the face of v-8 owners...sad to see performance, horsepower, "muscle", if you will, going in the wrong direction...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote