View Single Post
Old 10-27-2023, 08:09 PM   #7
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
While Danial is busy working on the calendar over here, I thought it would be cool if we had a place to post up the pictures that didn’t get submitted.

If you want to share, please be sure to not post the ones you submitted for the calendar.

For me, I ended up going to 5 different locations in search of the "perfect" shot and ended up taking hundreds of photos. However, I’m only going to show 4 of the locations so I don’t give anything away by accident.

This first one was my backup, in case the weather didn’t want to cooperate and I wasn’t able to get out again to take more. However, it was in the same place I took previous pictures that are now in my signature. I did a lot of post-editing to clean up the clutter in the background and remove some of the reflections so here are the before and after shots.

Attachment 1139263
Attachment 1139264

For this location, I headed to an Arts Center that I thought was closed on Friday’s. It turned out it a pretty busy so I really didn’t get a good photo. This one was at the very end of the parking lot, but the sun was not in a good place (I’m practically shooting directly into it).

Attachment 1139265

These next few were taken at a cool location, especially if you are into historical sites. It’s an old grist mill originally built in 1819. It burnt down to its stone shell in 1867 and was rebuilt in 1878 as a new mill. Then in the 1920’s it was used as both a gas station and a grain mill. It is now owned by a State Park and is maintained by a non-profit company that uses it as a theater. Unfortunately, I didn’t want to use these shots because I was parked too close to the building…so either my car looks way to small to get the architecture or there’s not enough building in the background to capture the context.

Attachment 1139266
Attachment 1139267
Attachment 1139268

And finally, there was this location. The road to get to this place was the longest, bumpiest gravel road that made me cringe the entire way down and back up. I was hoping to capture some fall foliage in the background but most of the trees were still green. The last one here I would have sworn my car was photo shopped into it if I hadn’t taken the picture myself.

Attachment 1139269
Attachment 1139270
Damn, these are great pics too!